Savage.Semantics

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Savage.Semantic Approved: A Review of COD: Modern Warfare 2

Everyone's been waiting for this game to release, and it has. Last week, November 10th, marked the release of Infinity Ward's latest installation in its FPS Call of Duty series of video games. I was able to get my hand on a copy at a midnight release, and I've been playing it ever since. By the time I had got it in my hand, I was ready to teleport my ass home and start playing. The ride to the crib took so long to play it, but once I got there I tore the case apart.

Savage Ratings(overall 4.3/5)

So it was about 1' o clock when I started playing the game, I instantly saw that the graphics and mechanisms were so smooth. When I was moving the aiming reticule, there was little to no blur across the screen. As well, there are a multitude of sights to use when shooting, like my favorite, the Holosight(look it up on google) which is hella tight. There is even a new feature of some sort of auto-aim when you click the aim button and it is automatically locked to the target[SWAGG ON BLAST].

The story mode is pretty cool, although its no Uncharted 2, but you do get to play with three different protagonists from three different militarty groups that alternate throughout the storyline. Haha, a couple of those missions are hella wild and unexpected, but you gotta play the whole game to get the experience. On top of that, if you buy the Prestige Edtion(retail:$150) you get a full set of nightvision goggles, artbook, and metal casing(In the Hardened Edition you get all that minus the goggles).

Online play is what any Call of Duty, FPS, etc.. would expect; pretty beast. although one of the downfalls is that the player can't hide behind cover, nor do you come equipped with classes. You can make your own classes though(and choose your own scope). But hey, go buy the game from your nearest Gamestop and pop it in yo 360, PS3, or PC( I suggest PS3! It's S.S. approved) to see how it is. I promise there will be no disappointments

No comments:

Post a Comment