Savage.Semantics

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fail of the Day: Angel "Lola Monroe" Lola Love

Video Model turned "Rapper" Lola Monroe decided to hop on the 5 star beat and did the best she can. She also had a few words about fellow female rapper Nicki Minaj. What I don't understand is how Lola Monroe can go after someone when her mixtape was a huge flop (she started off trying to sell it and ended up having to give it away for free and still recieved no love) and can go after Nicki Minaj but not hop on the version of 5 star that featured her? Guess it is kinda obvious who I like.

Lola Monroe's opinion on Nicki Minaj
"“I don’t do the Barbie thing — that’s her thing,” LoLa said in an intervew. “I really don’t agree with it, that’s basic. It doesn’t make sense to me because first off, you’re basically saying I’m jacking somebody who has never been known to have their style all throughout their career. She’s never been set to have her own style. It’s always been set to say she’s jacking Lil’ Kim to Foxy [Brown] and now Lil Wayne. So how can I be jacking somebody or using somebody’s style if they never been known to have their own style. That part never made sense. That’s one. Another thing, it kind of comes from Wayne is in the foundation of my music and what I’ve listened to him for years and years. So you can hear his styles in my music. And you know, that’s her mentor and that’s somebody whom she’s under and so she’s known to sound like Wayne. That’s all they say about her now. I believe the similarities may have come from that but besides that, I have my own style, I have my own lane. She does what she does, ya feel me?”"

5 star Remix: Lola Monroe, Lil Boosie, Trina, Yo Gotti


Video of Nicki Minaj recent interview











No comments:

Post a Comment